«If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it»
© William Thomson
Scientometrics is a discipline that studying the evolution of science through numerous dimension and statistical processing of scientific information (amount of scientific articles published in this period of time, citation, etc.)
- Resolution №55 «About regulation of Romanization of Ukrainian» from 17.10.2012
- Order №32 «About the statement of the Order of the Formation of the List of Scientific Specialized Publications of Ukraine» from 15.01.2018
- Order №1112 « About publication of results of theses on receiving academic degrees of the doctor and candidate of sciences» from 17.10.2012
- Order №13 « About the statement of the Order of conferring academic statuses to scientific and scientific-pedagogical workers» from 27.01.2010
- GOST 8302:2015. Information and documentation. Bibliographic reference. General provisions and rules of compilation from 01.07.2016 .
Creation Author’s Profile
Why is this necessary?
The main purpose of the author’s profile is a solution to the problem of identification scientists with the identical name and surname. In addition, these platforms allow you to track bibliometric metrics and are a platform for searching as a co-author for joint scientific work.
In turn, research institutions, sponsorship funds, scientific communities and libraries through the author’s profiles can quickly and accurately get actual information about the scientific activities of the scientist.
- Formation of scientific articles in accordance with GOST 7152:2010
- Formation of bibliography in accordance with GOST 7.1:2006
Where to publish the study?
According to Order №1112 «On the publication of the results of theses for the academic degree of doctor and candidate of sciences» from 17.10.2012 «… on the topic of the thesis for obtaining a scientific … degree must have at least … publications in scientific (including electronic) specialized editions of Ukraine … »
- A list of scientific specialized editions (from 28.12.2017 р.)
- A list of electronic specialized editions (from 28.12.2017 р.)
«…not less than … publications in scientific periodicals of other countries on the direction in which the dissertation was prepared. Such publications can be equated with publications in Ukrainian editions, included in international scientometric databases. »
Scientific periodicals of Ukraine in scientometric databases:
Odesa National University is a publisher of scientific periodicals in the different directions
- Publication of Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University included in the list of scientific professional editions of Ukraine
- The periodicals of Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University included in scientometric database Index Copernicus and Scientific Electronic Library eLIBRARY.RU
For Members of Editorial Boards
Odessa National University in Scientometrics Database
- SciVerse Scopus
- Web of Scienc Core Collection (Search on the Web of Science Core Collection by the profile of the «Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University»)
- Google Scholar
- Bibliometrics Ukrainian science (Search by profile of the organization «Одеський національний університет ім.І.І.Мечникова»)
- Ukrainian Scientific Citation Index
University of National and World Rankings
Webometrics Ranking Of World’s Universities – is one of the world’s universities rankings, which analyzes the degree of representation of universities in the Internet space. Webometrics Ranking is compiled based on the analysis of the four criteria: PRESENCE (20%), IMPACT (50%), OPENNESS (15%), EXCELLENCE (15%).
Rating Universities in Terms of Scopus. The rating results of higher education institutions based on the Scopus database, which is a tool for tracking the citation of scientific articles published by employees of the educational institution
Rating universities in Ukraine III, IV levels of accreditation ТОП-200 UKRAINE. The methodology of the ranking is built in accordance with international principles of university ranking and provides a comparative analysis of the achievements of universities of different types based on some universal criteria, in particular the quality of scientific and pedagogical potential, quality of education and international recognition.
Consolidated Rating of Ukrainian Universities is compiled by the educational resource “Osvita.ua”. The initial data for the ranking used by the most authoritative among the experts and the media, national and international rankings of universities in Ukraine “ТОP-200 Ukraine”, “Scopus” and “Webometrics”
|№||Title rating||Rating position of ONU by year|
|1||Webometrics Ranking of World’s Universities|
|in the world||3074||2844||2101||2365||2510||3102|
|2||Rating Universities in Terms of Scopus||4||4||4||4||5||5|
|3||Consolidated Rating of Ukrainian Universities|
|among the universities of Odessa||1||1||1||1||1|
|among the classical universities of Ukraine||4||4||4||5||6|
|in the general rating of universities in Ukraine||7||7||7||8||9|
Seminar «Public activity of a scientist and institution: strategy, implementation, evaluation» (Odesa, Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University, 03.07.18), conducted by Iryna Tykhonkova (PhD (Biology), expert on information and analytical resources and Web of Science training).
On the seminar were discussed next questions:
- the selection of high-quality scientific literature;
- the search for partners and grants;
- the choice of periodical for publication;
- the design of the publication and presentation of scientific works in the author profiles using the tools of Clarivate Analytics.
There is also a separate block of preventions of publications in predatory periodicals, and recommendations on avoiding fraudsters.
Seminar «Possibilities of Web of Science for qualitative research» (Odesa, Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University, 07.06.16), conducted Iryna Tykhonkova (PhD, Customer Education Specialist Thomson Reuters).
Training «How to be published in international peer-reviewed journals» (Odesa, Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University, 04.04.16), was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and Fulbright Ukraine.
- Michele Vazquez. The path to publication – Leadership, community, growth…
- Thaddeus McCleary. Academic Writing
- Nathan Pickett. Roadmap for Publication and Maximizing Your Chances for Getting Published
- Tatiana Yaroshenko. Modern challenges scientometrics
- Iryna Tykhonkova. Ukrainian Scientific Journals information resource for scientists. How to choose the Ukrainian edition of the publication and not to get lost in the world of scientists.